I love these types of book tags!! Its so amazing to get to know everyone and I love that people want to get to know me. This is such a fantastic community!!
- Thank the person who nominated you (dinipandareads) – I LOVE your blog and all your posts. You are so fabulous ❤
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING? & WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started this blog after I had started my IG account @thecomfyreader. I figured that is what people do… make blogs 😂 I didnt have a ton of inspiration at the time so I mostly just did tags and memes and read a lot of what everyone else was posting until I found my own groove.
I really love blogging now. I think its a fun creative outlet and just a place to share some thoughts with like minded people! I am still learning and things change for me on the daily with what I want to do with my blog and the direction I want to go. So many ideas!! But I just love the community and overall being able to talk books with even a few people is fantastic!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
So, like I mentioned above – I started off with mainly book tags and memes. I still LOVE to do those!! They really are a fun thing to do. I also like to post reviews. I post all of my reviews on IG but sometimes its nice to go into more depth on the blog or just make it more fun and add some pictures and gifs 🤷♀️
I also really enjoying posting book hauls haha. I just think they are fun posts that show what I like to read. I’ve always loved reading others book hauls.
Something I haven’t done yet but have been wanting to do is book recommendations. I’m hoping to start doing some posts where I talk about some books and give some recommendations. I’ve seen others do this and I always like those posts!
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVORITE BLOG POSTS YOU WROTE?
Hmmmm… that is a difficult question haha. I feel like my discussion posts tend to be my favouroites because I feel they are more personal and also tend to get more of a reaction from people. Here are my top 3:
- Middle Grade Books – What’s With the Hype?
- Mystery Tropes and What I look for in a Mystery
- 10 Reasons Why I Love Historical Fiction
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
I enjoy reading OBVS. I also like to watch TV and movies. I find that to be relaxing. I also like going for walks with the bf around the neighbourhood. Its nice to get outside and get some fresh air.
Most of all, I like to cuddle with my kitty, Luna. She is such a sweet little baby. If you follow my IG you would see Luna quite often. She is my little model and tends to sneak into some pictures 😂
WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS?
I have so many favourite things!! This is a hard question, it is so VAGUE!! Here we go though haha 3 things….
- Food – pasta, perogies, cheese, chocolate, tacos……
- Summer time – swimming, hot tubs, sun tanning, beach, boating….
- Travel – I don’t get to do this much because well it costs too much and I have a mortgage LOL but I love to travel when I can, even just locally
WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
My first proudest moment was when someone commented on my post LOL that was my first milestone because it proved that people out there were reading my posts!
My next proudest moment would be when I reached 100 followers. I know 100 is not very much haha but that is a solid starting point!! Its also not all about the followers by any means but I have to admit, it does feel good knowing there are that many people interested. I’m close to 200 now so it makes me happy ❤
WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
I’ve never had too many hobbies…. I don’t know I find hobbies to be so time consuming 😂 I love to read so I do focus a lot of my free time on that. I enjoy baking but I don’t do it as often mostly because I’m trying to be healthier so cookies and cakes aren’t really something I want to be eating all the time hahaha.
I also have a side job coaching cheerleading to a bunch of little kids haha I have been involved in cheerleading for over 10 years either as an athlete or a coach. I love it. I suppose it is a hobby in a sense but I also get paid so I think of it more as a job I enjoy 🤷♀️
DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN THREE WORDS
Oh gosh…. I hate these ones LOL.
Friendly, thoughtful, and worried 😂 I am such a happy friendly person who really cares a lot about people BUT constantly worrying about something LOL
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
This is EASY!
- Slow walkers – Can’t stand it, please just speed up or move the heck out of my way
- Talking over people – I hate when you’re having a conversation with someone and people just talk over you like you aren’t even there talking and being a part of the conversation????? Like does this happen to other people or am I actually invisible?
- Not responding to texts – I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE WITH YOU ALL DAY SO ANSWER THE DAMN TEXT MESSAGE. That is all.
WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I feel like probably a lot… I try to be open about my personal life but also I feel like I’m just talking to the void most the time when blogging so it also feels a little weird to open up to the void, you know? But here are a few things about me!
- I am from British Columbia, Canada!
- I recently purchased my first home (apartment) with my lovely bf
- I have a cat, Luna and also a dog, Roxy – but my dog lives with my parents
- I graduated college with a BA in Psychology and now currently have a job in social work. I love it and it feels good to help people BUT the more I spend time blogging and whatnot, I do dream to have a job in the book world in some capacity. Maybe one day!
- I love Starbucks. Other coffee places are fine but Starbucks is the best to me
- If I could only eat pasts for the rest of my life, that would be okay with me
Do we have anything in common? Lets chat in the comments!